About this page
This page contains links to resources not generated by us but which we have found useful in writing this guide.
We welcome contributions to resources you have found useful in your own businesses. Please email us to send us your links for consideration.
- ARIBA/RICS/CIOB – Building in Quality Tracker
- BRE Group – BREEAM
- BSRIA – Soft Landings
- Building a Safer Future – Charter Champion framework
- CIOB – Code of Practice for Project Management for the Built Environment
- CIOB – Code of Quality Management
- CIOB – Guide to site quality
- Construction Industry Institute – Project Definition Rating Index
- Construction Innovation Hub – Value Toolkit
- Construction Innovation Hub – Platform Programme: Quality Assurance
- Construction Innovation Hub – Trust and Productivity, private sector construction playbook
- Construction Innovation Hub – Playbook, Private Sector Clients
- Constructing Excellence – Delivering built asset operational excellence
- CROSS – Collaborative Reporting for Safer Structures
- Centre for Sustainable Energy – Low Carbon Retrofitting
- Design Quality Indicators
- FPA – Fire Protection Association
- Fire Sector Federation – Developing a National Fire Strategy for Fire Safety
- GIRI – Get It Right Initiative
- Gloucestershire County Council – Asset Management and Property Services
- Gloucester City Council – Social Value Toolkit
- GOV.UK – Guidance on collaborative procurement for design and construction to support building safety
- GOV.UK – The Construction Playbook
- ICW – Integrated Collaborative Working toolkit
- Integrated Project Insurance
- ISO – Quality Management Principles
- LABC – 10 things you can do to improve your home
- Passivhaus Trust
- Passivhaus – Quality Assurance: Large & Complex Buildings
- Passivhaus – How to build: Rules of Thumb
- Retrofitting – NatWest
- RIBA – Plan of Work
- RIBA – Plan of Work for Fire Safety
- RICS – Building Safety Act Information Centre
- SCAPE – Framework
- Southern Construction Framework – Framework
- South West Procurement Alliance – Framework
Building Regulations in the UK Building regulations in the United Kingdom are statutory instruments or statutory regulations that seek to ensure that the policies set out in the relevant legislation are carried out. Building regulations approval is required for most building work in the UK. Building regulations that apply across England and Wales are set out in the Building Act 1984 while those that apply across Scotland are set out in the Building (Scotland) Act 2003.
Building Regulation guidance (England & Wales) The Building Regulations exist to ensure the health and safety of people in and around all types of buildings and they provide for energy conservation, security, and access to buildings. Here are the Approved Documents plus extra guidance from LABC and elsewhere.
Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Building Safety Act resource page Visit the Local Authority Building Control page to read about the Act and to access a host of links to other industry building safety pages and documents.
Is your building within scope? To find out if it’s a ‘higher risk building’ subject to the new more stringent regulatory regime check the Building Safety Act part 4 cl.65.
Building Safety Regulator The Building Safety Act names HSE as the new Building Safety Regulator. It also introduces new duties relating to fire and structural safety. The new duties, and BSR’s services, will become operational over the next few years. These pages explain what HSE are doing to set up BSR, and what you can do to prepare for your new duties.
Fire safety (England) Regulations The Fire Safety (England) Regulations 2022 introduce new duties under the Fire Safety Order for building owners or managers (responsible persons).