About this group
This Theme Group was assembled in early 2020 to help drive Quality improvements across the Region.
Projects have to be competitively priced and built within an agreed timescale. However, as we can see from recent disasters in the construction industry, it is vitally important not to lose sight of the quality and compliance standards that are specified for the project.
The best way for me to explain the importance of this Group is to quote from Steve Green, Chair of the Quality Theme Group in CE Midlands:
“Over the past few years the national issues around the Edinburgh Schools Enquiry, unacceptable defects on new build homes and the Grenfell Tower tragedy, have all brought the issue of Construction Quality into the public spotlight. At the same time the industry is seeing a significant growth in the adoption of offsite manufacturing and the digitalisation of the construction process generally.”
Terms of reference
- To provide a forum for members interested in quality and compliance.
- To engage a wide audience, particularly clients and the delivery supply chain including architects, designers, constructors, regulators and anyone else with an interest in the built environment.
- To promote a collaborative and integrated approach to quality and compliance.
- To provide a platform for the industry to understand ‘what good looks like’.
- To demonstrate/communicate/showcase best practice.
- To promote tangible benefits for an asset or building owner through improved quality and compliance across the asset lifecycle.
We look forward to working closely with our CE colleagues in the Midlands so that our outputs are consistent and beneficial to stakeholders.
Our mission and purpose
To share knowledge and foster collaborative working to add value to the construction process and to our buildings and infrastructure through improved Quality and Compliance.
Our outputs will be
- to create an “’Enlightened Client’s Guide to Quality” hosted on the CESW website;
- to develop a process to capture and implement lessons from the past and to harness new technologies to help drive Quality and Compliance.
Join CESW now to become a member of our Thought Leadership Theme Groups
Find out more >>
Quality and Compliance GIRI Presentation
Theme Group Presentation
Quality Alert Template
These templates are for CESW Theme Groups to create Quality Alerts. Please download, add your content and save as PDF before sending to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion on the website